There is so much to know about the human body. We experience unwanted sensations and have weird body parts that seem like they serve no function other than to make us uncomfortable.
So to make your life easier and better, we’ve compiled a list of body tricks so that the next time someone has a body question, you will know the answer. Not only will this help your life, but you can help someone else’s life too. Pass on the knowledge.
We hope that you will adopt these interesting tips into your life. And even if you don’t, hopefully, you’ll at least find some of the tips mildly interesting. Consider this a biology lesson:
1. If you want to stop a sneeze, press down on the area right above your upper lip (kind of like giving yourself a finger mustache.)
2. If you’re experiencing brain freeze (which is literally the worst sensation), press your tongue to the roof of your mouth and it will go away soon after.
3. This one is a little strange but if you read a paragraph worth of sentences backward, you will be able to touch your toes. Try it!
4. If you’re sick and want to drain your congested sinuses, switch back and forth between pressing your tongue to the roof of your mouth and pressing a finger in between your eyebrows.
5. Have you ever wondered what that flap on your ear is and what it’s there for? Well, it’s called a tragus. If you ever need to hear someone next to you while in a noisy room, just press down on it and it will cancel out the peripheral sounds.
6. Lie on your left side so that you don’t get bedtime heartburn after a big meal. Also, stop eating 3-4 hours before you go to bed.
7. To stop a nosebleed, lean your head forward slightly, and pinch your nose right above your nostrils for five minutes. You’ll be good to go before you know it.
8. If you’re feeling extremely anxious, put your thumb in your mouth like you’re sucking on it but instead blow out air, and let your cheeks puff up.
9. If you ever burn your tongue while drinking a hot drink, swish some cold water around your mouth. It’ll help with the immediate heat in the burned tissue and prevent inflammation.
10. Hiccups can be very annoying. Especially when they refuse to go away. To quickly cure the hiccups: inhale deeply, hold it, swallow twice, then exhale through your nose. All gone!
11. Make your poops easier by elevating your knees and feet, so that you look like you’re squatting. It’s supposedly the more natural way for humans to poop.
12. Got a song relentlessly stuck in your head? Chew gum! Also, accept that the song will be there – don’t try to block it out because that could make it worse. It’ll be gone soon after.