Sex in a Pan – a crazy name for a dessert, but it’s one of the best desserts you’ll ever have, it’s mostly a pudding dessert with a crunchy pecan bottom crust.
The name itself is hilarious for a dessert. I think it’s called sex in a pan because it’s six layers and from six layers in a pan it got it’s sex in a pan.
And don’t worry about it looking perfect with perfect layers, this dessert is not about that. It will look sloppy with all the pudding and whipped cream layers. Nobody will care about how it looks like once they take a bite. It really is love at first bite.
I just had to share this wonderful dessert with you because every single time I make it people fall in love with it and so many of them tell me it’s the best dessert they’ve ever had. Trust me, that’s the best compliment you can get for such a simple dessert. Have you had this before? Isn’t it to die for?
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Cream cheese layer:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup icing sugar use 1/2 cup for less sweetness
- 1 cup cool whip or whipped cream
- 5.1 oz instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 5.1 oz instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cool whip or whipped cream
- shaved chocolate optional
(US Customary - Metric)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixer mix all the crust ingredients together and press the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake it for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the vanilla pudding as per the instructions on the package. As noted I used 2 cups of milk instead of the 3 cups on the package instructions to get a firmer pudding.
- Prepare the chocolate pudding as per the instructions on the package. As noted I used 2 cups of milk instead of the 3 cups on the package instructions to get a firmer pudding.
- In a mixer add the cream cheese, powdered sugar and the cup of whipped cream. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Let the crust cool. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust evenly. Spread the vanilla pudding over the cream cheese layer, then the chocolate pudding. Spread the whipped cream as the last layer then top with shaved chocolate if preferred.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours until it sets before serving.
- I used 2 cups of milk for my pudding, because I wanted a firmer pudding for the layers here, but feel free to use 3 cups of milk just as the instructions say.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.