- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
Cinnamon Roll Filling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- 2. Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- 3. Add cinnamon, flour, cornstarch and baking soda and mix to combine.
- 4. Chill for at least 1 hour or until firm. It will make the dough easier to roll out and work with.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch cake pan with aluminum foil that comes up over the sides of the pan.
- 6. When dough is firm, combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Melt butter in another small bowl.
- 7. Remove smaller balls of dough at a time, so the rest stays firm. Roll out dough to about 1/4 – 1/2 an inch thick on a non-stick surface.
- 8. Cut strips of dough about an inch wide. Brush the strips with melted butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 9. Roll up the first strip and place it in the center of the cake pan.
- 10. Coil the rest of the dough around the center, moving outward. Start each new strip at the end of the previous strip. Shorter strips are easier to work with and it’s easiest to coil it right in the pan. All pieces don’t have to line up perfectly, it’ll all come together as it bakes. The dough won’t go all the way to the edge of the pan. There will be about 1/2 an inch left, but it will spread in the pan as it bakes and fill it completely.
- 11. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- 12. Remove cookie from oven and allow to cool completely in the pan.
- 13. Remove the cookie from the pan, lifting with the aluminum foil.
- 14. Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla for glaze in a small bowl and drizzle over cookie.