It's been about eleven years since the death of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, but now there's something that we are all wondering. Who has inherited his estate? Where are they now? How are they doing? Which charities received some of his inheritance?
Michael Jackson's Mother, Katherine, Has Inherited Most of His Estate:
In October 2009, four months after Jackson's death, it was first reported that Jackson's mother, Katherine will inherit 40% of his estate. Along with that, another 40% would go to his children, and the remaining 20% would be donated to charities.
It was also added that Jackson's trustees, John Branca and John McClain would get to decide the amount that would go to beneficiaries and that Katherine's money would go to Michael's children after she passes away.
Continue scrolling to keep reading Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
In an additional statement, it was said that for the rest of her life, Katherine would be given $86,804 per month.
Where Is Katherine Now?
Following the death of her husband, Joe Jackson in June of 2018, it's been reported that her health has rapidly declined, which also came after it was first said that she suffered a stroke two months prior to his death. However, the claims of an April 2018 were later disputed by her granddaughter, Genevieve.
"Guys calm down! Whoever put that story out is lying. She didn't have a stroke and her health is definitely not failing. Katherine is okay!" says Genevieve, youngest daughter of Randy Jackson.
As of 2020, not much is known about Katherine's whereabouts these days. However, In August 2019, It was said that Katherine was 'too weak' to take care of Michael's youngest son, Blanket, who now goes by the name Bigi, and he was placed under the care of his cousin, TJ Jackson.
"TJ has been a father figure to those kids since Michael’s death and he always puts their needs before his own. The current situation that Blanket has been in is not working for anyone, and they needed to get a different situation going stat." according to a source at Radar Online.
In 2017, Katherine was granted a temporary restraining order against her nephew, Trent Lamar Jackson, after using his power to control her every move.
His Kids Also Received 40% Of His Inheritance:
As stated previously, Jackson's kids also received another 40% of his estate.
Reportedly, Prince, Paris, and Bigi- who are now 23, 21, and 18- have received a large inheritance, and that they received a yearly allowance of $8million.
In another report, it was also stated that the each kid are worth around $100million.
Where Are His Kids Now?
Via People Magazine
Prince, 23, graduated from Loyola Marymount University in May 2019 with a bachelor's degree in Business Administration. Not only that, he graduated with cum laude honors.
""I met so many people and learned so much that the experience alone is worth it. I wish I could thank everyone that helped me make it to the end but I can’t and unfortunately they’re not all pictured here." Jackson said in an Instagram post.
While he has expressed that he can't sing or dance, he expressed an interest in production and started his own production company, King's Son Productions, in 2016.
Via Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images
Paris, now 21, is following in her father's footsteps by taking the musician route. She formed a band with her boyfriend, Gabriel Glenn, calling the band The Soundflowers back in 2018, and performed for the first time in August that same year. Months after that performance, the duo played their first public concert.
In addition to performing with her boyfriend, she also has done some acting. Appearing in the Fox musical television series, Star in 2017 and the VH1 slasher television series, Scream in 2019.
She also was signed to IMG Models in 2017.
As for Blanket, -now known as Bigi- He's the most private of the Jackson siblings, so his whereabouts are not relatively known and he is not on social media. He did recently turn 18, though.
One thing he does though, he and older brother, Prince run a YouTube channel titled Film Family, where they discuss film releases weekly.
Which Charities Got 20% Of Michael's Estate?
While 80% of Jackson's inheritance went to his mother and his children, the other 20% went to various children's charities.
While it was not listed which charities received those contributions, Jackson famously supported 39 different charities in total, so it's most likely that the 20% of his inheritance went to those charities, such as Childhelp USA, End Hunger Network, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation, and various other charities.
What's Jackson's Estate In Total?
Forbes reported that before his death, Jackson made $2billion. Years later, a banker went on to say that Jackson was headed towards bankruptcy, stating that he was in more than $300million in debt.
However, at the time of his death, Jackson's net worth, in total, was at $236million.