Your accommodation choice can often dictate your entire vacation experience, it’s the main factor between a mediocre vacation and a truly spectacular one. There’s no greater feeling than when you book your dream suite, villa, or room for a price in your budget. Typically, travelers immediately search for local hotels, hostels, B&B’s, or vacation rentals when doing the preliminary planning, however, there is one alternative that most people completely write off: timeshares.
Though these resort condos received a bad rap over the years due to high-pressure sales techniques, they are making a comeback primarily due to the secondary market. It’s now possible to rent these spacious, amenity-packed accommodations for less than cramped hotel rooms.
What is a timeshare?
When you think of a timeshare, chances are you picture an “old fashioned” way to vacation that comes with a hefty price tag. Not to mention you probably think you have to sit through a lengthy and high-pressure sales pitch to buy at a resort you’ll never want to visit again. Believe it or not, this is very far from the truth. Not only is there another way, but it’s cheaper than the standard hotel stay. It all can be found on the secondary market.
SellMyTimeshareNow offers an extensive inventory of by-owner advertised timeshare rentals that allow you to stay at luxury resorts for less – without committing to ownership. Timeshare owners will rent out their timeshares if they’re unable to visit their resort on any given year. Usually they price a week’s vacation based on the annual maintenance fees, giving prospective renters a real steal of a deal for a luxury getaway. Not to mention you get to enjoy this vacation without having to attend any type of timeshare tour.
If you take a look at the inventory on SellMyTimeshareNow, you can see that a Wyndham timeshare rental can be booked for as low as $650 a week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. This gets you a two-bedroom, two-bath unit that comfortably sleeps eight guests for just $92 per night!
Now that’s a deal.
Who can timeshares be for?
Timeshare rentals make great accommodation options for any type of traveler. This includes:
- Families – Timeshare rentals provide families with all the comforts of home and then some! Equipped with multiple bedrooms, living rooms, dining areas, and fully equipped kitchens, your family can avoid the usual cramped hotel room and take advantage of the extra space. Not to mention, kids and adults alike will love the many on-site amenities of timeshare resorts like pools, spas, fitness centers, and sports courts to add value to the vacation experience without leaving the property.
- Honeymooners – While multi-bedroom timeshare suites are highly popular, honeymooners will love cozy studio and one-bedroom units that provide a romantic flair for less. Certain timeshare units come with jacuzzi tubs and private balconies for enjoying the surrounding views. Plus, newlyweds will love booking a couples massage or dining at an on-site restaurant. Not to mention the money you save, which is incredibly crucial after paying for a wedding!
- Seniors – Seniors can have a full vacation experience without leaving the timeshare resort and dealing with transportation and other stressors. Timeshare properties offer exercise classes, swimming pools, saunas, game rooms, and dining options that make vacationing fun and convenient.
- Handicapped – Timeshare rentals are extremely accommodating to all walks of life, and there are always accessible units available for anyone who may need it. First floor rooms, elevators, and handicapped showers can be found at any timeshare resort you want to visit.
- Luxury Seekers – Who doesn’t want a high-end vacation experience like the experience we had at the Conrad Maldives? The problem is, most people believe they can’t afford a luxury getaway. Timeshare rentals make this possible for any sized budget! Beyond the spacious suites, timeshares feature amenities like concierge services, day spas, fine dining, casinos, hot tubs, and more to make you feel like a million bucks (without paying for it)!
Types of timeshares available
Whether or not you’re familiar with timeshare resorts, it’s likely that there are many unique resort properties that offer timeshare accommodations that you’ve never heard of. Timeshare resorts are so much more than just a place to stay during your vacation, and these following resorts/resort styles prove just that!
- All Inclusive: You’ve certainly heard of all-inclusive resorts before like our experience at the Catalonia Royal Bavaro, and many timeshare resorts offer all-inclusive packages that owners can rent out! Barcelo Aruba Resort provides a beautiful Caribbean retreat on the stunning Palm Beach in Aruba. Their all-inclusive package allows guests to enjoy beach access, a gorgeous swimming pool, sports courts, organized activities, water sports (like snorkeling), live entertainment, and a-la-carte dining at six restaurants and three bars.
- Wildlife Retreat: Are you an animal lover? Rent a timeshare that will allow you to interact with African wildlife at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas. This immersive vacation experience will take you on an exciting African safari without ever having to leave resort grounds. Step out onto your private balcony and take in views of the lush savannas with 30 specifies of African wildlife grazing and roaming free. These views can also be seen from the award-winning restaurant, Sanaa, serving authentic African cuisine. Not to mention there are lots of animal programs available, sparkling swimming pools, and a kid’s club.
- Island Adventure: Experience the best of the Bahamas with a timeshare rental at Harborside Resort at Atlantis. This sprawling resort complex offers many rich amenities such as a 141-acre water park, casino, the world’s largest marine habitat with 15 exhibit lagoons, a championship golf course, a full-service spa, and a state-of-the-art fitness center. You’ll also enjoy direct beach access and many available snorkeling and scuba diving excursions!
- Urban Chic: Vacationing at The Manhattan Club will put your right in the heart of New York City and all the famed landmarks and attractions. Centrally located in midtown Manhattan, you can easily walk to Carnegie Hall, New York City Center, Museum of Modern Art, Central Park, and Rockefeller Center. Accommodations at this timeshare property feature modern residential design with kitchenettes, luxury furnishings, plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, and views of the city.
While it’s possible to go through various timeshare companies to search for timeshare rentals, going through the secondary market is much easier and much more cost-effective. Reputable resellers like SellMyTimeshareNow offer by-owner advertised inventory at unbeatable prices.
Pro Tip: Try shopping last-minute timeshares for rent and you’ll find even more incredible timeshare deals. Shop today and find thousands in savings on your next high-end getaway.