( rawpixel )
In the current Digital Age, technology has made it easy for you to track someone. Before, you would've needed to hire the services of a private detective to find a long-lost acquaintance. Now, however, you can do it yourself in a jiffy over the internet.
Thanks to technology, you can do any of the following:
- Track a person's real-time location via GPS, Wi-Fi, and cellular networks.
- Figure out the current location of a long-lost friend, old flame, or new acquaintance with just their cell phone number.
- Locate a lost cell phone or tablet.
- See the personal details of an anonymous caller.
In this article, we show you how to do any of the above armed with just your computer or smartphone:
Part 1: Track A Cell Phone Location by Number In Real-Time with Spyic
Spyic is a leading parental control and phone tracking app. It has several location-tracking related features built-in. Once installed, you can use Spyic to track someone's location in real-time. It also gives you an overview of someone's location history.
Over a million people in 190+ countries make use of Spyic. It's user-vetted and reliable. You can trust the app.
For iOS devices, you can set up and use Spyic remotely. You can then track a phone number via Spyic without having to physically access the device.
For Android devices, you need brief physical access to the target device to install a tiny app on it. After Spyic is installed, you can thereafter monitor the phone's location remotely.
How to Track A Cell Phone Location by Number
Step 1: Register for a Spyic account. Use your email ID as the username.
Step 2: Sign up for a Spyic monthly subscription. You can choose the Premium version to track the location of a single device and Family/Corporate for multiple devices.
Step 3: Follow the provided setup instructions. It only takes 5 minutes. After that, wait for Spyic to sync up with the target device.
Step 4: Login to the Spyic dashboard from any phone or PC browser. Look for the "Location" option in the selection menu on the left. That's it - you're now tracking the cell phone's location!
The location's window is a font of useful information. You'll be able to see all the following:
- Last-seen location: The target's last seen location will be pinned on an interactive map and also listed below.
- Past locations: You'll see a summary of last-visited locations in reverse chronological order.
- Coordinates: Every tracked location will be accompanied by its exact geographical coordinates.
- Timestamps: Finally, you'll be able to see when the target visited a particular location.
Since Spyic was designed to be a parental monitoring app, it can be hidden, if necessary. You can even set up a virtual geofence to know when the cell phone leaves or enters an area.
Apart from location tracking, it offers other useful features like messages, social media, pictures, video, and call tracking.
Part 2: How to Track a Cell Phone Location with the Number of the Cell Phone
What if you don't have physical access to the cell phone in question? What if you're called from an anonymous number? Can you still track the phone's location? At times like these, you can use a reverse phone lookup service like WhitePages.
What is a reverse phone lookup service? It essentially takes an input phone number and matches it publically-available with identity and address records. If available, information about the phone number's owner is retrieved for you.
A service like WhitePages should be able to retrieve at least some relevant information about the phone's owner. All you need to do is input the cell phone number in the provided blank form field.
Here's the information you could potentially receive:
- Location: You'll know the approximate geographical area the phone originates from.
- Name: The first name and the last name of the target will be retrieved.
- Address: A registered address, if available, will also be generated.
- Picture: Publically available social media pictures may be shared with you.
WhitePages is a good way to track down an anonymous caller or a long-lost friend.
Note that the location information shared is limited. You don't get an exact address or geographical coordinates. You'll only know the general area the phone originated from. This is not a real-time location tracking solution.
Part 3: How to Track A Cell Phone Number Location with GPS Phone Tracker
Finally, you can safeguard your device against being stolen or lost by using an app like GPS Phone Tracker. The app, once installed, shows you exactly where a cell phone is at all times.
If a cell phone gets lost, you will be able to see where it fell from your pocket or was left behind from a linked device. If it was stolen, you can share the location information with law enforcement and request them to retrieve your device for you.
Apart from finding a device's location, GPS Phone Tracker offers other useful features:
- Location sharing: You can share your exact location with a loved one.
- Movement tracking: You get a notification when a loved one moves from a current destination. You can also tell how much distance someone still has to cover to reach a destination.
- Emergency assistance: The app can be configured to send out a distress call. If the phone's battery is about to die, for example, you can send out an SOS to your family members requesting a pickup at a location.
GPS Phone Tracker is a very good way to find a stolen or lost device and keep track of your loved ones. However, the app isn't discreet. If you want to track a cell phone's location anonymously, Spyic is the better option.
To track someone's location discreetly and in real-time, you need to turn to a solution like Spyic. If you want to track an anonymous caller or long-lost friend, WhitePages is your best bet. Finally, use GPS Phone Tracker as a precautionary measure against theft or loss.