An ice cream sundae cheesecake recipe?!? This delicious dessert ticks off two of the boxes that make a great cottage treat: it’s refreshingly cold, and it’s completely decadent. Adding ice cream and chocolate wafer crumbs to a traditional cheesecake recipe makes it next-level good, and super summery.
- 1⅓ cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine
- 1 pkg cream cheese (250 g)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 4 cups frozen prepared whipped topping
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 6 tbsp chocolate sundae sauce
Additional chocolate sauce and cocoa to garnish
1. Combine all ingredients for crust. Mix well. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9” spring-form pan.
2. Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely.
3. Beat cream cheese, icing sugar, whipped topping, and ice cream in a large bowl on low speed of electric mixer just until blended. Pour over baked crust.
4. Drop 6 tablespoonfuls of chocolate sundae sauce at even intervals on filling. Twirl with a knife. Freeze at least 3 hours, or until firm.
5. Remove sides of pan. Let cake sit for 10 minutes to soften.
6. To serve, drizzle a small puddle of chocolate sundae sauce on each plate. Place a slice of cheesecake on top. Sprinkle with cocoa. Makes about 10 servings.
If you’re storing the cake longer than overnight, keep it frozen in the pan, covered with plastic wrap.
Feeling fancy? Garnish the cake with a few fresh raspberries, strawberries, and/or mint leaves for a spectacular presentation.