We often say that the best dishes in the world are home cooked by mothers, mothers do not use enough salt to add how many grams, how long to cook all rely on guessing, this is the way we are used to home cooking, not the pursuit of precise measurements, the grasp of the dish all based on experience and state, not professional but can be made into the taste you most want to eat, this is the beauty of home cooking.
For newcomers to the kitchen, no experience is really difficult to start, here is a summary of 16 kinds of practical tips that will be used in home cooking, welcome to learn and add!
1 . 【Oil】.
- Stir-fry vegetarian dishes with non-vegetarian oil (lard) is more delicious, while non-vegetarian dishes with vegetarian oil (vegetable oil) is more fragrant; frying steak with butter is more tender; olive oil is used for salad and cold salad, no loss of nutrition; sesame oil and pepper oil are used for cold salad or to enhance the flavor after cooking.
2 . 【Salt】.
- Fine salt (fine salt) is used for cooking, while coarse salt is used for bacon, bacon and other curing and salt baking. In addition to the role of seasoning, salt can also be sterilized, so you need a lot of salt to make kimchi and pickles, and there is a special salt for kimchi.
- stir-fry greens to wait for the leaves to wilt before adding salt, in order to grasp the amount.
- Stir-fried meat can be marinated with salt first to taste, easier to taste; stewed soup at the end to add salt; fried fish first add salt, can prevent broken skin.
3 . 【Sauce】.
- Old soy sauce for color and raw soy sauce for freshness. Steamed fish soy sauce is a better quality raw soy sauce and is most suitable for steaming fish and seafood.
- Stir-fry vegetarian dishes can use a little raw soy sauce, but not old soy sauce; oyster sauce can bring freshness and saltiness, but also make the dishes look shiny and oily.
- Soybean paste adds spice and color, can be used for braised fish, braised eggplant and other red-colored dishes; soybean paste sweetness, can be used for stewed dishes, brine dishes to enhance the fresh sweet taste, such as soybean stewed pork feet.
4 . 【Vinegar】.
- Vinegar not only increases the sour taste and enhances the appetite, but also has the function of removing fishy. Adding a little vinegar when stewing bone meat can make the meat soft and rotten more quickly.
- When adding vinegar to stir-fry, the acidity will evaporate. If it is used to deodorize meat, it can be added early, if it is to be used to increase acidity, it should be added later.
5 . 【De-Fishy】.
- The fishy ones are cooking wine, vinegar, rice wine, white wine, pickled pepper, chopped pepper, onion, ginger, garlic, leek, onion, pepper and other seasonings with wine flavor and ingredients with pungent flavor.
- Soaking in water to bleed, rice water is better.
- add onion and ginger marinade, do not add wine when marinating meat.
- When fried with wine or vinegar braised, the wine flavor can evaporate
- offal and other heavy fishy ingredients, in addition to soaking water, marinade can also add a little pickled water or pickled pepper.
- Pepper available for fish and shrimp
- boil the meat of the soup first blanching, blanching should be cold water into the pot, add onions and ginger cooking wine
- Onion, ginger and pepper soaking water can be used for dumpling fillings and meatballs
6 . 【Fried】.
- Stir-fried vegetarian vegetables to be stir-fried quickly over high heat, water should not be added to the leafy vegetables stew, easy to stew rotten, stir-fried seasoning directly out of the pot.
- Stir-fried meat to more oil, more oil meat is not easy to fry old; fried also need to add water to simmer the meat, first to fry the meat until the exterior has a slightly charred, fried and then add water to cook, meat flavor more dense, and not fishy.
7 . [Soup].
- stewed meat first blanching, blanching can remove fishy, do not drench cold water after blanching, cold meat will become wood; stewed soup to simmer slowly, casserole is best;.
- fish soup should be fried first, fried fish boiled into soup to come out creamy;
- Direct soup stew, ingredients with ginger can be, plus star anise cinnamon and other big ingredients stew out of the soup, suitable for making noodles soup base, or used to season other dishes.
8 . 【Steamed vegetables】.
- Steamed vegetables marinated for a longer time, more flavorful; steamed vegetables seasoned without wine and soy sauce; water gas before steaming on the pot.
9 . 【Ingredients】.
- Vegetables with garlic, meat with ginger, chopped green onion last
10 . [The key to tender meat].
- When marinating, you can add raw flour or egg whites; fry with more oil, to heat up before putting the meat.
11 . 【Frying fish without breaking the skin】.
- After the pan is hot and oil is put down, oil slip a pan, that is, let the sides of the pan are covered with oil; put down a little salt and a piece of ginger, and then put down the fish after the oil is hot; you can also rub the pan with a piece of ginger and then put down the oil.
12 . [Usage of thickening]
- This step thickens the soup and makes the food evenly coated with the soup, which makes it taste better and more oily. The dishes that can be thickened: ma po tofu, braised fish, braised eggplant, fried flower nails, etc.
13 . Usage of [Water].
- Cold dishes, in order to ensure a crisp taste, cooked in cold water or ice water before seasoning, the principle of thermal expansion and contraction, hot food suddenly cold will shrink, the food taste will be more crisp and firm, the water used must be directly drinkable water, do not use raw water directly, so safer and more hygienic.
- Stewed meat, to save stewing time, can be heated water, can be cooked faster.
14 . 【All-purpose cold dressing】.
- Garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil (cooked oil can also be), can eat spicy can add small rice pepper crushed, chili oil, spicy oil, love to eat numb plus pepper oil; because the soy sauce, oyster sauce are salty, so the salt is best to taste before adding
15 . [All-purpose Meat Seasoning].
- White onion, salt, soy sauce, oyster sauce, pepper, chicken; in addition, pepper, five spice powder and thirteen spices can be added according to your taste
16 . 【Various dipping sauces to match
- White cut chicken: white onion, sand ginger, cooked oil, a little soy sauce, oyster sauce
- Hairy crab: ginger, aged vinegar
- White broiled shrimp: soy sauce, one or two drops of balsamic vinegar (small rice pepper)
- Oysters: fried with garlic, add soy sauce and oyster sauce
- Coconut chicken: chili, sage, soy sauce, lime juice
With these kitchen hacks, does it feel much easier to cook? In fact, practice is the best teacher, we all adapt to different tastes, which is why we often watch online tutorials to learn how to cook, but never do that delicious, other people's methods are worth learning and learning from, but also according to their own tastes to adjust.
I hope these methods can help you, feel useful do not forget to collect!