Hello, world. It is 2018, and in 2018, there's a lot going on. Like, honestly, just a lot of things I thought I'd never see.
Now, don't worry — we're going to keep it pretty light and fun because that's how I do it, but you'll get what I mean.
1. Not only can you get a solid din from this vending machine, but they also now stock non-alcoholic beer.
Reddit | jonbenta
Which is pretty random, if you ask me, but maybe in the morning, you grab a protein shake, and in the afternoon, a beer...ish.
2. Gone are the days that headphones end up in a knot.
Reddit | flying_donkeys
This won't stop me from losing pairs all the time, but it will stop me from having them somehow end up so knotted that I give up.
3. A bathroom that takes away wondering whether or not a stall has someone in it.
Reddit | 132kimh
Which also (hopefully) saves you from ever having to figure out what to say when someone knocks on the public bathroom door...always awkward.
4. Not sure what life is giving...
Reddit | JXamie
Like, I get you're supposed to make lemonade or whatever, but do you still make lemonade if the lemon itself is, well, kind of a lemon? Not sure, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
5. Somewhere out in the world, there are really tiny pennies.
Reddit | revan_leonare
And I want one more than I could ever explain to you. In Canada, we don't even have pennies anymore! I feel like I'm being ripped off...short-changed, if you will.
6. No need to choose between a fork and chopsticks.
Reddit | Hey_its_me_Frank
Heck, no! You can just use a chork! Super helpful if you're eating both sushi and pasta AT THE SAME TIME.
7. I didn't know that apples could have a colored inside.
Reddit | emilyanne95
Truly, I learn something new every single day. And everything I learn is basically useless, but whatever — still counts.
8. The tin lid from the can matches the sink way too accurately.
Reddit | iqbal002
And fits the drain so well you would think that they were made for each other.
9. This is way, way too complicated for me.
Reddit | A_Kinged
I can barely keep track on a normal watch, so a watch that requires actual thinking is too much for me. The fact that this exists blows my mind.
10. Playing chess on a table? So last year.
Reddit | takethi
Chess on a wall is where it's at now, which is impressive and I'm sure requires much more skill.
11. Plastic bags? Pfffft, who needs 'em?
Reddit | notloh
Attaching a strap is so much better for everyone involved, including the environment. SO MUCH LESS PLASTIC! This is brilliant. It's a whole new world in that store.
12. Riding behind this person would surely result in me being hungry.
Reddit | AverageHuman9
Which, okay, isn't anything new at all. But a pizza reflector is pretty new, I think, and so much better than a boring flag.
13. I'd venture to say that these would 100% be Bruce Wayne's flower of choice.
Who else would have a thing for a flower called a bat orchid? Okay, besides me, but I thought orchids were just orchids!
14. THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN WITH A PHONE! A PHONE!!!
Reddit | setsee99
If that doesn't prove that we are living in a new age, then I don't know what does. It's a shooting star!
15. So, the aliens back or what?
Twitter | @merculeez
JK, we now live in a world where Will Smith and his son have a water company because what can't they do?