Lanzhou is a unique and charming historical capital with an enigmatic and strong attraction, always embracing all dreamers with ideals and aspirations with its own tolerance of all rivers.
In the long history, there are countless people who have lived and struggled in Lanzhou, and Lanzhou has added colors to their lives, and they have also left valuable treasures for Lanzhou.
This brings us to the former homes of famous people.
They stood there in silence.
Tell us the story of those people in Lanzhou in that era.
Deng Baoshan's former residence
General Deng Baoshan was a famous patriotic general, the Deng family garden in Lanzhou celebrity residence is considered particularly beautiful existence, the garden is simple and elegant, planted with many precious flowers, there are rockeries in the garden, as if a manor in Jiangnan, while the water in the garden is also led to the Yellow River water to irrigate.
The Deng family garden is also very simple, just as simple and noble as the life of General Deng Baoshan. The rooms in the Deng Family Garden are furnished with coffee tables and other furniture, and there are also many paintings and calligraphy hanging in the garden.
The west side of the garden is where the family stayed, and the middle is where Deng Baoshan's office was, which has now been built into the Deng Baoshan Memorial Hall, where many of Mr. Deng Baoshan's former belongings are displayed.
To the north of the garden is the tombstone of Mrs. Deng Baoshan, and the words on the tombstone were written on it by General Deng Baoshan himself. The gate of Deng's garden is directly south and is majestic, with many carvings on it.
When Ye Shengtao came to visit Deng Baoshan in the past, he was very fond of the Deng family garden and wrote seal script for the place himself. In short, when you come to the former residence of a famous person in Lanzhou, this place is not to be missed.
No.4, Guangwumen Back Street, Chengguan District, Lanzhou City, Gansu Province
Zhang Yiwu's former residence
Zhang Yiwu has made important contributions to the development of Gansu and was the earliest member of the Party in Gansu. Zhang Yiwu former residence is located in Yuzhong County, Chengguan Town, Beiguan Village, No. 1.
The exhibits include the house where Zhang Yiwu lived, the items he used, and a large number of precious pictures, showing the growth of Zhang Yiwu's family and children and his concern for guiding young people on the road to revolution.
Xue Ju's former residence
It is also known as Zhuang Yan Temple, which is said to be the former residence of Xue Ju, a golden city lieutenant at the end of the Sui Dynasty, and was the palace of Xue Ju after he became the emperor in Lanzhou in the 13th year of the Da Ye era (617).
After the pacification of Xueju in Tang Dynasty, it was transformed into a Buddhist temple, which consists of three courtyards, including a mountain gate, a wing and a front hall, a main hall and a back hall. According to the literature, the Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties have been repaired many times, and three halls are now in existence.
It is now the Museum of Popular Education.
Luo Family Compound
The Luo family compound, located on the north side of the back street, was built in the 16th year of the Republic of China (1927) as the residence of Luo Xizhou, the owner of "Yongshuncheng", one of the four major hookah workshops in Qingcheng at that time, and consists of three parts: the east, middle and west yards.
The east courtyard is the original hookah workshop where the TV series "Old Persimmon Tree" was filmed.
The central courtyard is where the Luo family lived, a quadrangle of three halls and five buildings.
The west courtyard, with its gardens, ponds and pavilions, was a place for the Luo family to relax and entertain their guests and businessmen. The entire Luo family compound is interconnected by sixteen doors, with a strict layout and exquisite workmanship, and is the most complete ancient residential compound in the Qingcheng area.
Later, the Luo family quadrangle was taken into public ownership and has been used as an office location until today.
To Public Hall
The hall is located in Cuiyingmen Road, Lanzhou City, and was the hall where the examinations were held in the Qing Dynasty. During the Tongzhi period (1862-1874), Zuo Zongtang, the governor of Shaanxi and Gansu, submitted a letter to the Qing court requesting the establishment of a tribute institute in Lanzhou, which was approved.
In the first year of Guangxu (1875), the tribute courtyard was completed, and the site was 140 feet long and 90 feet across, claiming that it could accommodate 4,000 candidates.
The three halls of the main building, Zhi Gong Tang, Heng Jian Tang and Guan Cheng Tang, are basically well preserved, and there are also corridors and chambers.
Lu Tuji Yamen
Liancheng Lu Tusi Yamen is located in Liancheng Township, west of Yongdeng, and is a relatively well-preserved Ming and Qing Dynasty Tusi building complex. Liancheng Lu Tusi Yamen complex is divided into three parts: Yamen, Miaoin Temple and Tusi Flower Garden, and Tusi Yamen is a group of palace-like buildings.
The layout is symmetrical, neat and majestic, built in the Ming Hongwu period, with the main buildings being the ancestral hall, the Yanxi hall, the lobby, the second hall, the pagoda and the bedchamber.
Miaoin Temple, west neighbor of the Tusi Yamen, is the family temple of the Tusi, with the main buildings Dajing Hall, De'erjing Hall, Guanyin Temple, Ta'er Hall, Eagle King Hall, Wanwan Hall, and Winding Monk Jing Hall.
The Tusi Flower Garden adjacent to the east of the Tusi Yamen, the building is equipped with Yuanyang Pavilion and Bagua Pavilion. Various exotic flowers and trees were planted in the garden, and now there is a sour fruit tree and two pecan trees planted in the Ming Dynasty.
After several repairs, this ancient building complex has been restored to its glory and is now officially open to visitors.
Wu Ke-Yuan's former residence
Wu Ke-Yuan, a native of Lanzhou, Gansu Province. He was an enlightened man, good at poetry and literature. He was famous for preparing the construction of Gansu Tribute Institute and advising Empress Dowager Cixi. Wu Ke-Yuan's former residence is located at No. 91, Jinta Lane, Chengguan District, Lanzhou City. It is a typical Lanzhou residence of the Qing Dynasty, facing north and south.
In 1921, Wu Ke-Yuan's clan sold this house, which was redeemed by Gaolan County Xingwen Society and repaired and then returned to Xingwen Eight Society Property Management Office for operation. The door of the former residence is high and deep, and the front of the door is engraved with 7 big words in official script "Mr. Wu Liutang's former residence", and the next paragraph is engraved with "the year of the Republic of China ten years Xingyou, Gaolan Xingwen She redeemed", all in Liu Er's handwriting.
The patio is rectangular, the upper room and the east and west compartment windows and doors are small, the front is decorated with wood panels, is the only well-preserved ancient celebrity residence in Lanzhou in the 1990s.
Despite the rapid passage of the years, the
The memory of the past is also gradually blurred.
But the buildings and ruins that stand quietly do not lie.
Why not go for a stroll when you have the chance to
Experience a different Lanzhou in those old residences of famous people.