Ming dynasty notes and historical speculation, the garden covers an area of about 1200 acres, known as "the first garden in the capital". The original site was the "Qinghua Garden" built by Li Wei, the grandfather of Ming Emperor Shenzong in the Ming Dynasty. Inside the garden, there are landscape buildings such as the front lake, the back lake, the Yihai Hall, the Qingya Pavilion, the Sound of Listening to Water, and the Flower Gathering Pavilion.
After the fall of the Ming Dynasty, the garden site was abandoned.
Changchun Garden was started in 1684 after the Kangxi Emperor of the Qing Dynasty returned from his southern tour.
Changchun Garden is located in Haidian District, Beijing, south of Yuanmingyuan and west of Peking University.
The North Korean ambassador traveled a lot to Changchun Garden and left documents about what he saw and felt when he visited the garden. From the documents related to the Joseon envoys, we explore the perceptions and attitudes of the Joseon envoys toward the "Three Mountains and Five Gardens" and the process of their changes.
I. Architectural scale of Changchun Garden
When Changchun Garden was in its heyday, it was estimated from documentary archives that Changchun Garden was about 1000 meters long from north to south and 600 meters wide from east to west, covering an area of 900 mu (60 hectares).
The scenic area of the garden is divided into three roads: middle, east and west.
The middle road starts from the big palace gate, the palace gate five rooms, the gate is built on both sides of the east and west side of the room five rooms, the palace gate is built around each cover door.
The Hall of the Nine Scriptures and Three Matters is the main hall where the ministers of state and military attend court.
The Nine Classics, referring to the nine Confucian classics, include three rites: the Rites of Zhou, the Rites of Yi, and the Book of Rites, and three biographies: the Zuo Zhuan, the Gong Yang Zhuan, the Gu Liang Zhuan, and the Yi, Shu, and Shi.
Thirdly, it refers to the Sizhu, Sikong and Sikou of the Han Dynasty.
With nine scriptures and three things as the name of the hall, indicating that this is the place to follow the scriptures and observe the rituals, governance of the country, the Qing Dynasty's first "Thousand Old Men Banquet" was held here. There are 9 architectural attractions in the Middle Road from the Hall of the Nine Scriptures and the Three Matters to the Eicher.
The East Road starts from Yunya Hall and ends at Ziyundang, with a total of 43 architectural sites.
West Road from the beginning of the play Fangzhai to the end of the Rui Zhu Palace, a total of 43 architectural attractions, the layout of the two East and West Road attractions are relatively proportional.
Changchun Garden has five garden gates: the Great Palace Gate, the Great East Gate, the Little East Gate, the Great West Gate, the Northwest Gate. The main gate on the east side of the south wall, the gate for the Changchun Garden's governance and residential area, the middle road along the central axis to the inside in order for the big palace gate, nine by three things hall, the second palace gate, spring hall, Shou Xuan Chun Yong Hall, the rear cover hall, cloud end Pavilion, Rui Jing Xuan, Yan Shuang building, Iris fish jumping pavilion. To the north of the pavilion are the Lilac Embankment, the Zhilan Embankment, the Peach Blossom Embankment, the Front Lake and the Back Lake. The east road is Tanningju, Dragon King Temple, Jianshan, Yuanjianzhai, Zangzuzhai, Lanzaozhai, Taipuxuan, Qingxi Study House, Xiaodongmen, Enmuji and Enyouji.
West Road for the play Fangzhai, trading street, Wu Yi Zhai, vegetable garden, Guandi Temple, the temple of the mother, Ningchun Hall, Rui Zhu courtyard, Guan Lan Xie, set Phoenix Xuan and other attractions. Garden west out of the great west gate for the West Garden, there are four lakes, scattered around the lake to discuss the source of the study, the view of Germany, Cheng Lu Xuan and other buildings, for the residence of the young emperor.
The famous rockeries in Changchun Garden include Jianshan in Yunya Hall, Lotus Rock in the east courtyard of the Hall of the Nine Scriptures and Three Matters, and the rockeries around the Bamboo Pavilion after the Qingxi Study House. Changchun Garden is mainly garden landscape, simple architecture, most of the small-style roll-top tile roof building, not painted. The garden wall is masonry of tiger skin stone, and the pile of mountain is the earth and Pinggang, without precious lake stone.
The garden has a large number of ancient trees and vines left over from the Ming Dynasty, and flowers and trees such as wax plum, lilac, magnolia, peony, peach, apricot and grapes are planted, and elk, white cranes, peacocks and bamboo chickens are scattered in the forest, making the scenery peaceful.
Changchun Garden, the pursuit of natural and simple gardening style, influenced the summer resort and Yuanmingyuan (before the expansion of Qianlong) and other royal palaces.
Second, a brief history of Changchun Garden
According to the Qing dynasty "Qin Ding day under the old news test" record: Changchun garden in the south Haidian Dahezhuang of the north, draped wall one thousand sixty feet have odd. How much silver was used to build the garden, it is still impossible to know. Kangxi time to repair some of the buildings in the garden, once spent hundreds of thousands of taels of silver.
The general layout of the Changchun Garden, according to the book "The Evening Records of the Capital": was planned and designed by the then master of the art of gardening is Ye Shuai, who inherited and summarized the traditional experience of gardening in the Ming Dynasty, and according to the site of the Li Garden, using the layout of the "phase of the land appropriate, structured garden decent" approach. Kangxi in the "imperial Changchun Garden" cloud: "Qin has a room, Han has on the forest, Tang has embroidered ridge, the Song has the Burgundy ...... I bandit dare to the ancients comparable." The text does not dare to compare with the gardens built by the dynasties in the past. The actual Changchun Garden's architectural scale, hall luxury is not inferior to the previous generation Changchun Garden.
Since the completion of the Changchun Garden, the Kangxi emperor came to the garden every year, to live in the garden for seven or eight months, in the garden to deal with the imperial government, every occasion, in the garden to give a feast of princes and relatives, ministers of civil and military, Mongolia and other foreign clans. Here has actually become another political activity center outside the Forbidden City western suburbs. At that time, the Kangxi emperor in Tan Ningju deal with court affairs, Tan Ningju in the eastern part of the nine by three things Hall, his bedchamber in the northeast of the garden in the Qingxi Study.
After the completion of the Changchun Garden, the Kangxi Emperor lived in the garden about half of the year, and died in the garden in the sixty-first year of Kangxi (1722) in the Qingxi Study House.
Yongzheng, Qianlong and other emperors living in the Yuanmingyuan, Changchun Garden Ningchun Hall area into the residence of the Empress Dowager, which Chong Qing Empress Dowager (Queen Xiaosheng Xian, the birth mother of Emperor Qianlong) lived in the garden for forty-two years.
Wu Yi Zhai is given by Kangxi to Prince Rimi to live, Zhai has Kangxi imperial books collection.
Kangxi Royal handwritten "no Yi Zhai" three words and "no Yi chapter" engraved on the stone, inlaid on both sides of the temple half gallery wall. Qianlong seven years (1742), the imperial "no Yizhai" five-word poem: "a few of the Chen chapter to read, the fast without playthings with. ...... Hall structure period diligent Ken, shoulders fear not win. The lotus wind cools the fan, bamboo gas quiet when the xuan. Sitting in love with the piano and books, forget the birds and birds noisy." The poem depicts the former Wu Yi Zhai landscape, very deep and quiet. No Yizhai after the imperial inscription ten rhymes, so the name of the rhyming jade gallery.
Qianlong thirty-eight years (1773) "imperial Wu Yi Zhai screen and know ten rhymes": "famous fasting Ma Huang ancestors, the great precepts described Zhou Gong. ...... that the matter to comply with the family law, but Chin to Wu Dome." Yard planted all over the cypress and pine, the famous bush bamboo, so also named pine and bamboo deep. Qianlong forty-two years (1777) in the first month, after the death of his mother's catalyst in the nine by three things in the hall of worship, in order to serve night and day, Qianlong lived in the no Yi Zhai, until the day after the bong shift, he did not return to the Yuanmingyuan.
Yuanjian Zhai name taken from the Kangxi dynasty compiled a large class book, named "Yuanjian class letter" and named. The book 450 volumes, Kangxi forty-nine years (1710) school publication, in the fast also has a "Yuan Jian Zhai ancient text selection", since the "Zuo Zhuan", "Guo Yu" to the Song ancient text, the collection of 46 volumes, Kangxi forty-nine years school publication.
Kangxi fifty-three years (1714) ordained Yinzhi rate of He Guozong and other people's series of "legal calendar source" a book compiled. This year, Chen Menglei presided over the compilation of "ancient and modern book integration" a book completed, and never proofread and supplemented. After Shizong ascended to the throne, eradicate dissidents Yinzhi, Chen Menglei because he had taught Yinzhi reading and implicated. Yongzheng distrusted Chen Menglei politically, and although Chen Menglei was brilliant, he was considered a disloyal minister for his so-called participation in the rebellion against the three clans.
Peiwen Zhai is the Kangxi emperor collection of literature and calligraphy and painting place, Zhai collection of "Peiwen chanting" a. The book is a collection of ancient Han and Wei six dynasties, Tang, Song, Yuan and Ming people chanting poems, classified and recorded, where 486 categories, 14,550 poems, Kangxi forty-six years (1707) proof-reading.
Rui Zhu Yuan was built in the north of the hospital on the central island of the river pool, where the Ming Wanli Marquis Li Huang pro garden in the square ten miles of the large pool in the middle of the site of the dip begonia. Its architectural form for the five rooms three into the heavy eaves three-story pavilion, magnificent scale. During the Yuan Dynasty, Qianlong's mother lived here, and Qianlong took the dragon boat to greet his mother every day, and sometimes ate here.
The two temple gates and the stone of the northeast boundary wall of Changchun Garden are protected by the cultural relics department. According to the Qing dynasty Qin Ding "under the sun old news examination" a book contains clouds: "Enyou Temple, Shi Zong Xian emperor for the Holy ancestor emperor recommended blessings." The forehead of the mountain gate says: "respect for the construction of Enyu Temple." The temple is a two-story hall, the second floor of the mountain gate said "dragon and elephant solemnity". The front of the main hall said "heart source unified through". All Yongzheng Royal Script. Enyou Temple right for the En Mu Temple, Qianlong forty-two years (1777) the emperor mourning, Shao inherited the family law, in the side of Enyou Temple respect for the construction of the temple. The name is Enmu Temple. The main hall of the temple is dedicated to one Medicine Buddha, and the left and right are dedicated to 108 Medicine Buddhas. The second floor hall is dedicated to the image of Qianlong's mother. After the two temples of Eunwoo and Eunmu is the Qingxi Study House.
According to the "Qin Ding day under the old news test" record: "East of the Tai Park Xuan there is a stone path to the East wall, that is, the small East Gate, the north of the stream for the Qingxi House." Kangxi Emperor's bedchamber is here. There is a curved creek in front of the Qingxi Study House, and the water flows into the creek from the big lake in the west, which is a quiet environment. Clear stream from the house in front of the flow, the stream on both sides of the planted willow, hanging willow branches, teasing the stream in the swing of fish. The Qingxi Study House has five open rooms and two volumes, with no palace doors in front of the house, and twelve corridors in the front and the back of the building, and twelve corridors in the east and west, which can reach the Hall of Guidance and Harmony behind the house. The five-room Hall of Guidance and Harmony has a front porch and a back building. The courtyard behind the Hall of guidance and openness, the northern part of the garden built a bamboo xuan, for five pillars, flat roof, the structure is all made of emerald bamboo woven. After the Bamboo Pavilion and the large rockery stacked on the east and west sides, the mountain is a famous rockery in Changchun Garden, with abrupt rocky outcrops, hanging walls on all sides, and strange rocky cliffs, with winding stone roads under the peaks. Under the mountain, bamboo is planted all over, and it is pleasantly verdant. A large four-cornered square pavilion with heavy eaves was built in the west of the courtyard, and a ladder corridor can be reached from the west of the Qingxi Study House to the Zhaosi Building, whose architectural form is a corner-shaped hook-and-loop factory, facing south with three rooms and two floors. Garden when the windows and windows decorated with green oil, to show the meaning of green algae. To the west step ladder corridor downstairs can be reached sitting west facing east three open halls a; step corridor to the east to the large style hanging flower door, this door for the Zao Si building back door, the Kangxi Emperor died in the Qingxi Study House.
In order to go to Enyou and Enmu two temples from the Qingxi Study House, three pillars were built in the eastern wall of the bamboo cottage through the hall door, and the door through the hall slightly to the north is to reach the two temples after the corner door. To the north of the temple, a pile of earth and stone hill was placed
Further north is the northern wall of Changchun Garden. Before and after the death of the Kangxi Emperor, it is said that two things happened in the Qingxi Study House. One is the Yongzheng Palace anecdote happened here; one is the Yang Xiangwu theft of the Kangxi Emperor's beloved nine dragon jade cup also happened here.
The West Garden of Changchun Garden, a garden belonging to Changchun Garden. South wall built into a sluice gate, the water flows north into the garden, and then flow north into the Yuanmingyuan algae garden into the sluice gate. West Garden main hall for five to discuss the source of the house, left and right supporting halls of five rooms each. Then there is a view of the German place open three.
Qianlong imperial book "to discuss the source of the House" record: "Changchun Garden west of a few pillars of the house, near the Qingxi River, the face of the mountain, the trees are luxuriant, both quiet to deep." Qianlong's mother's bedchamber is located here. Daily after Qianlong greeted his mother, meals, rest are here. Qianlong said in the record: "This time to ask for peace to see the leisure of the meal, but also every rest here, consult the political whirlwind." What is the source of discussion? Qianlong said in the record: "If the water is a source, what is the only person without? It is Yao Shun, the source of politics; Confucius and Mencius, the source of morality. ...... such as this is the purpose of the sage to discuss the source, straight up to the sixteen words of the heart of the transmission, and not the pleasure of the landscape as a benefit can be known."
Qianlong seven years (1742), the imperial system to discuss the source of the book house Gongzhan Huang ancestor imperial pen poem: "the law of the heart has never contained the rule of law, to discuss the source of deep shame has not exhausted the source." It can be seen that this successful emperor, the major policy of governance, has been to follow the ancestral legacy, but he himself thought it was still not enough. Qianlong twenty-three years (1758), the imperial system to discuss the source of the study house to the rain poem: "Yesterday, the charity carriage to support the appreciation of lotus, now ask for peace and fairy garden over. Retreat that the study house to the evidence of the common people, dense clouds suddenly hidden in the west mountain snail. ...... more times to introduce has been issued by the edict, outside the courtyard in the morning is the guard Luo." Qianlong recounted the scene of dealing with government affairs here, citing the civil and military ministers.
Qianlong mother sometimes go out of the garden to six Lang Zhuang South Building, to enjoy the scenery of Jiangnan water, so far in the village of six Lang Zhuang South, still remains the name of the South Building. Liulang Zhuang village south is an isolated island, on the island built a five two-story pavilion, sitting north facing south, east and west each with three halls. There is a large lotus pond in front of the building, every summer, Qianlong accompanied his mother to the building to enjoy the lotus, summer appreciation. She saw the village farmers plowing the fields, rice planting labor scenes, ordered the palace eunuchs to reward the farmers in the fields, farmers, women each straw hat - top, a cloth towel, to show care.
In the north of the ancient town of Haidian in the west of Beijing, there is a village named Tongfu Village, which was occupied when Yanjing University and Peking University merged in the 1950s. It is known that in front of the main building of Spoon Garden of Peking University, there is a courtyard on the south side of the East Course across the road, and the original door plate is Tongfu No. 3, which is said to belong to the residence garden of Tong Guowei, the father of Tong Jia, the Empress of Kangxi, and is therefore called Tongfu.
Qing Dynasty "vine yin miscellaneous records" record: "Haidian Tong's garden has Dong Wenmin book 'Ruiyuan' stone carved door." This proves that in the past, Tong Guowei built in the town of Haidian in the west of Beijing, named Ruiyuan.
Qing Dynasty, the Daoguang emperor rarely visited Changchun Garden, after the Opium War, due to financial constraints, the garden of the various buildings have been unable to repair, many buildings are increasingly ruined.
I860 years after the British and French imperialist invasion of Beijing, soon after the three mountains and five gardens in the west of Beijing to burn, because Changchun Garden is located in the middle of the town of Haidian and Yuanmingyuan, was also burned. Later to the Tongzhi period, the plan to restore the Yuanmingyuan, demolition of the Qing Yi Garden, Jingming Garden, Jing Yi Garden of more than 2800 pieces of planted wood.
From the archives, the only record of the demolition of the Hangmu in Changchunyuan is missing. It can be seen that at that time the Changchun Garden buildings have long been gone.
As the Qing dynasty turned to decline, gradually abandoned the garden building and repair, to the Daoguang years, Changchun Garden has tended to fall into disrepair, forcing the Daoguang emperor will be Gong Ci empress dowager (filial piety and Rui Queen) received to live in the Yuanmingyuan Qichun Garden.
Xianfeng ten years (1860), the British and French allied forces invaded Beijing to burn the Yuanmingyuan will be burned together. Since then Changchunyuan ruined site lost in the protection of the remaining buildings in the garden in the Tongzhi years were demolished for the Yuanmingyuan reconstruction project.
Guangxu twenty-six years (1900) when the Eight-Power Allied Forces occupied Beijing, Changchun Garden again by the nearby residents and the Eight Banners garrison of the looting, the garden trees and rocks have been privatized.
During the Republican period, the Changchunyuan site had become wilderness, and only two glazed gates of Enyou Temple and Enmu Temple remained.
The Changchunyuan site extends from Haidian Town to the north side of Liulangzhuang Road in the south; to Liulangzhuang Dashanzi in the west; to Weixiu Garden and Chengze Garden outside the south wall in the north; to Xiyuan Erdao Street in the west; to the Xiyuan Zhizhang Organ; and to the hospital attached to the Xiyuan Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Today Haidian Township paper mill site, that is, the former Changchun Park Palace Gate, nine by three things temple site range. 60s in Haidian District, outside the northern wall of the Sanitation Bureau, the paddy field still remains in front of the Changchun Park Palace Gate shadow wall of the base, the present Tao Heung Yuen district was built in the former Palace Gate before the diamond bubble (that is, Haidian Dan Lingzhou) site. Yuan Dynasty Shi Zu, Qing Dynasty, the two emperors of the Holy Father are testimony that this is the Dan Ling Yuan site, and set up a monument to remember. A generation of famous garden in the flood of social development was submerged.
Three, Changchun Garden topography
Changchun Garden in the artificial excavation of more than 30 lakes and mountains, open water bodies more than a dozen. Water is injected into the garden by two rivers outside the garden, one from the garden west of the Yuquan Mountain water lead injection; one from the Wanquan River lead injection.
Changchun Garden in front of the big palace gate has a large reservoir, pond water northward through the Changchun Garden West red bridge gate into the garden. This waterway is the main source of water supply for Changchun Garden. This pond is the site of the ancient Beijing Danling piece, which is the historical example of the origin of Haidian place name.
The Kangxi Emperor appointed Zhang Ran to serve the inner court, in the garden for more than 30 years as a royal agent. Later, his descendants also served in the inner court and were known in Beijing as a family of mountain stackers.
The "imperial Changchun Garden" contains clouds: "twelve miles outside the capital Xizhimen, said Haidian. The precipitation has a north and south, from Wanquanzhuang Chungquan running Guo Guo, convergence in Danlingzhou." Danling Island until the Kangxi period, its name evolved into a diamond bubble. According to the Qing dynasty "Qin Ding day under the old news test" record cloud: "Changchunyuan Palace Gate of the south of the diamond pond, commonly known as the diamond bubbles, according to legend that Danling flooding water, which originated from Wanquanzhuang north flow and come, the old saying more false. The imperial Wanquanzhuang record "for the clarification of." Since the end of the Qing Dynasty to the Republic of China, due to the reduction of the water flow of Wanquanzhuang, sometimes Liu Lang Zhuang Zhuang households in this open up rice fields, so that the diamond corner bubble a and evolved called big bubble. Unfortunately, in the 1980s, the residential community of Daxiang Park was built here, and Danlingzhou, the historical origin of Haidian, died forever in the map of Beijing.
Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties, this area more springs and streams, far lined with verdant western mountains, layers of mountains, clear blue water, beautiful green hills, like the water town of Jiangnan, the oasis outside of the border.
The literati of the capital often visit this place to sing and sing, leaving behind a large number of poems describing the beauty of the scenery.
The famous calligrapher and painter of the Ming Dynasty, Wen Zhengming, used the poem "Ten miles of green hills in a painting, two flying white birds like the south of the Yangtze River" to praise the landscape of the western suburbs. The grandfather of the great writer Cao Xueqin wrote "The geese are repulsed by the west wind, and people are kept in love by the west mountains.
The topography of Beijing is high in the northwest and low in the southeast, sloping gradually from west to east. The western suburbs are located at the intersection of the western mountain range and the plain, with many hills and abundant underground water sources.
IV. History of Changchun Garden in Ming Dynasty
From the Ming Dynasty onwards, in addition to the royal relatives who continued to build large scale palace gardens here, the dignitaries and literati of the time also began to build their own private gardens. By the middle of the Ming Dynasty, the number of gardens in the western suburbs of Beijing had grown and taken on a scale. Among these many private gardens, the most prestigious ones were the Qinghua Garden built by Li Wei, the Marquis of Wuqing, and the Spoon Garden built by the famous calligrapher Mi Wanzhong.
Tsinghua Garden was also called "Li Garden" by the people of the time, and was known as "the first garden in the capital". Li Wei, the owner of the garden, was the father of Empress Dowager Li, the birth mother of Emperor Zhu Yijun, the official title of Marquis of Wuqing, the power of the dynasty, hot hands. Therefore, his Qinghua Garden was built on a magnificent scale, magnificent, and very consistent with its identity.
According to the "Chunming Meng Yu Record", "Ming Shui Xuan Diary" and other notes contained in the garden area of Qinghua Park is very wide, up to ten miles square. And lead the West Mountain spring, convergence for the garden lake, the water surface accounted for most of the garden area. Ming Shui Xuan Diary" says: "Qinghua Park, before and after the heavy lake, a look at the Yangmiao, under the capital for the first Park ...... if the water theory, north of Jianghuai, also when the first." It can be seen that at that time in the construction of the garden landscape has made full use of the favorable conditions of the local water supply. Garden buildings and pavilions are complete, climbing the garden in the tower looking west, it will be able to see the beauty of the western mountains.
In addition to a large number of strange stones from the famous stone producing areas of Lingbi, Taihu Lake and Jinchuan, there are also 20 miles of willow dikes and millions of famous flowers, "peonies by the thousands, peony by the tens of thousands", with the reputation of willow dikes and sea of flowers. Such a private garden is rare in the whole country in terms of its scale and beauty of scenery. Unfortunately, this famous garden was deserted and abandoned in the late Ming and early Qing dynasties due to the successive military affairs.
V. General Manager of Changchun Garden
The chief administrator of Changchun Garden is the name of the Qing official's office.
Minister in charge of Changchunyuan, with no staff limit. Special simplicity. Its subordinates: three court chancellor, six, seventh grade and used. Court deputy five people, the eighth grade. Commissioned to deploy the court deputy six people, nine rank. Pen and post Changchunyuan style three people.
During the Kangxi period, the establishment of the Langzhong a person, the province of Daoguang two years into the Qichun Garden. Eighth grade chief three, forty-three years to increase the West Garden two. Qianlong five years of the province of one person into the Jingming Garden. Twenty-four years to change the court chancellor. Thirty-two years to award the sixth grade one, seventh grade three.
Qianlong five years province one person into the Jingming Garden. Thirty-two years to the Commission Department Court Deputy, rated at ten six people. Qianlong thirty-two years, set the eighth grade court deputy six people. Jiaqing sixteen years, the province of one person into the Yuanmingyuan.
In the 12th year of Jiaqing province two people entered the Yuanmingyuan. Jiaqing sixteenth year province seven rank one person. No rank of the general collar of ten people. Forty-three years to increase the West Garden one person.
Daoguang Province in the second year of the four people into the Qichun Garden. Twenty-nine years, the establishment of the Minister in charge.
VI. Changchunyuan Literature
Wu Changyuan, a scholar of the Qing Dynasty, described this area in the book "Chen Yuan Zhi Lu": "The flowing springs are full of roads, or injecting wasteland, or ambling grass path, or scattered among the dust and sand. In the spring and summer, clear clouds and blue trees, the sound of flowers and birds, in autumn, the leaves float, and in winter, the snow is frozen. This is a very graphic description of the graceful scenery of this place, which is made in heaven and is pleasant to the soul. Because of this, this area became the first choice for gardening in the capital at that time.
As far back as the Liao and Jin dynasties, the royal relatives of the time had already built a separate palace in this area as their resting place for fun. Under Yuquan Mountain, there was a palace in the Liao Dynasty, a palace Furong Hall in the Jin Dynasty, and Zhaohua Temple in the Yuan Dynasty.
The exact appearance of Changchun Garden, because it has not yet seen the full map of its heyday, so only according to the documentary record to know its big end. According to the "Old news under the sun", Changchun Garden is north facing south, the southern part of the park is the palace part of the political and residential use, the northern part of the garden is mainly water features. Thus it can be seen that Changchun Garden when the western suburbs of the capital was the first dual function of the palace and play off the palace-type garden.
Horizontally, the main building of Changchun Garden is divided into three roads: middle, east and west, each of which is a system, yet connected to each other. According to an official who has witnessed the Changchun Garden said: Changchun Garden "wall less than ten feet high, the garden green low, red rosy. The soil is flat and lumpy, not still strange peaks and rocks. Xuan pillars elegant and simple, not about algae carving." It can be seen from the Changchun Garden, although the royal garden, but the overall still has the characteristics of natural elegance.
The Changchun Garden was also managed by the minister-in-charge, the governor, and the chief of the garden. Li Xu, the uncle of the famous literary scholar Cao Xueqin, was the chief administrator of Changchun Garden.
Changchun Garden after the completion of the Kangxi Emperor liked the garden, for which he also wrote a special "imperial Changchun Garden record" an article. As here "discretionary spring water and sweet", is really a resort to raise health. So in addition to major celebrations, the Kangxi Emperor often in the Changchun Garden to listen to politics, according to detailed statistics, the Kangxi Emperor since the 26th year of the Kangxi (1687) February 22, the first visit Changchun Garden, to the 61st year (1722) November 13, died in the garden bed, where 36 years, every year to go to the Changchun Garden to live and deal with politics. During the thirty-six years, he lived in Changchunyuan 257 times for more than 3800 days, with an average of 7 times 107 days per year. The shortest is 29 days, the longest is 202 days. Can see the importance of Changchun Garden in the Kangxi dynasty.
So far, only the northeast corner of the former garden Enyou, Enmu two temple gate each, the northeast corner of the garden boundary wall stone a.