What does the modern, progressive Indian woman look for in a man? Now we know that she doesn't wish for a partner who invests all they have into proving just how macho or heroic they are, and probably just wants someone who is willing to meet her half way and treat her right.
Today, we were curious to explore beyond this. Do Indian women drool over six-pack abs? Are they sapiosexual, basing their assessment merely on intellect?
We spoke to some Indian women between the ages 25 to 40, and here’s what they had to say…
1. “If a man is super ambitious and a go-getter in life, it’s a big turn-on. I would like someone I look up to and admire, and this quality would surely do it for me!” - Shivika Mehta, 27, Mumbai
2. “I love beards! I’m not into men who like to clean-shave, and even though there are many takers for that, I prefer my man with facial hair. Beards are super attractive to me.” - Charu Sachdeva, 34, Mumbai
3. “Honesty. One can always work on their appearance, and enhance the way they look… but to possess qualities like being able to be brutally real and honest about everything is quite rare. Honesty also helps communication between two people, which will obviously lead to a healthier relationship. I find this very attractive.” - Sanjana Shah, 27, Mumbai
4. “I know this may sound cliche, but there is nothing more attractive than a man with a good sense of humour. And no, I don’t mean that he should keep making jokes at the drop of a hat. Also, I believe that only if you’re decently intelligent, can you have a great sense of humour… so I guess both these things are my top preferences--intelligence and humour.” - Shilpa Singh Rathod, 37, New Delhi
5. “I personally am not into flamboyant men, who are so ‘open minded’ that their brain falls out. I find a man with morals and family values very attractive. It’s such a task to find such men nowadays. Even though many pretend to be that on the surface (I know this with experience), they soon show their true colors. A lot of people feel that if they are ‘family men’, people will think of them as boring or something of that sort. That’s why even those who might genuinely be that way, often work hard to change themselves and become modern party animals.” - Geetika Panday, 28, Kolkata
6. “If a man just accepts me for all that I am, and is himself and doesn't try to merge into my personality, that is super attractive! Being individualistic and respecting individuality--that’s what I like!” - Pratima Sondhi, 34, Mumbai
7. “Secure men are very attractive. I don’t like these over-protective guys, who want to control their girlfriends life, and dictate everything, from her clothes to her friends. A man should be secure and be confident of his place in his woman’s life. If a partner wants to cheat, they will find a way to cheat. No amount of possessiveness or controling can change that… it will only make it worse, infact!” - Anamika Prasad, 31, Mumbai
8. “Cleanlinessssss! Hygienic men, who smell good, take care of themselves in general… this is very important.” - Mandira Adiani, 26, Mumbai
What do you find most attractive in a man?