On March 14, 2018, Stephen Hawking, a famous British physicist, died at the age of 76. The world is missing a genius brain!
Stephen William Hawking (January 8, 1942 - March 14, 2018), male, born in Oxford, England, was a renowned physicist at the University of Cambridge and one of the greatest physicists of the modern era 1. fame of one of the great men of the 20th century with international influence. In 1963, at the age of 21, Hawking suffered from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease), which left him paralyzed, unable to speak, and with only three fingers on his hands to move.
From 1979 to 2009, he was a professor of mathematics at Lucas University. His main areas of research were cosmology and black holes. He proved the singularity theorem of general relativity and the black hole area theorem, and proposed the theory of black hole evaporation and the infinite Hawking model of the universe. The two fundamental theories of physics, relativity founded by Einstein and quantum mechanics founded by Planck, have taken an important step forward. He was awarded CH (Honorary Lord), CBE (Commander of the British Empire), FRS (Fellow of the Royal Society), and FRSA (Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts).
Mr. Hawking likes to promote complex scientific research results to the world in layman's terms and is loved by many. But at the same time, rumors have emerged on the Internet, taking Mr. Hawking's views out of context and spreading them in his name. The six prophecies Hawking left to the world during his lifetime, we have all been cheated!
This probably also represents a class of people's views. Some people say he is a genius, some say he is a disinformation, "Hawking prophecy", "Hawking advocate", "Hawking warning" often cause some sensation and panic. But in our opinion, people are afraid of being famous, pigs are afraid of being strong, Hawking is really a bit wronged. He was just a "name peddler" of these rumors, devoured by the rumor mongers.
Rumor #1: "Stephen Hawking warns humans not to land on the moon again".
1. Hawking's views on the development and exploration of the moon are correct, but he did not say that "humans should not land on the moon", let alone that "there are aliens on the back of the moon" is absurd.
2, Hawking is very cautious about extraterrestrial exploration, but encourages humans to migrate to the Moon, Mars and other extraterrestrial planets as a way to solve the problem of Earth's survival.
3. There are rumors that there are aliens, alien relics, and giant objects on the moon. The long-term exploration of the Moon by many countries, including China, proved that there is no trace of aliens on the surface of the Moon. When the United States landed on the moon, the ruins disappeared.
Rumor #2: "Stephen Hawking says humans will live forever in 2045".
1. The immortality Hawking speaks of is not immortality in the traditional sense, but the reproduction and preservation of consciousness.
2. Hawking never believed that human technology would be able to replicate and preserve consciousness by 2045. Instead, he believes that "the technology needed to achieve this goal is far greater than the technology we have now.
3. Some people claim to achieve this goal by 2045, which has nothing to do with Hawking, and their plan is not "achievable by 2045", but only a plan that may not be achieved.
4, "Stephen Hawking claims: humans will be immortal in 2045, has been confirmed! It is a lie made up by taking Stephen Hawking's original words and adding things that have nothing to do with Stephen Hawking.
Rumor 3: "Stephen Hawking predicts that the sun will go dormant in 2030 and the earth will be destroyed"
1, Hawking did not make such a prediction at all, all the claims about solar hibernation and the destruction of the Earth in 2030 have nothing to do with Hawking.
2. Although a research group in the UK has studied the activity of the Sun, it has only stopped at empirical analysis. The media deliberately exaggerates the claims of destruction.
Rumor 4: "Stephen Hawking published a new theory: humans falling into a black hole can escape to another universe"
Truth: This rumor stems from some national media distorting Stephen Hawking's original words in the news headlines. In August 2015, Hawking said in a speech at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden, "If you feel like you're in a black hole, don't give up. There is a way out". Hawking's statement that "one can escape to another universe by falling into a black hole" is a rhetorical statement that attempts to simplify the description of a complex problem. His original intention was not to allow people to walk out of a black hole completely. But the human part may leave the black hole and reach another universe where it is no longer "human" in the traditional sense. This is perhaps his most "poetic" expression of a black hole: "A black hole is not as "black" as it is painted. It is not a place where you can be imprisoned for the rest of your life. Objects can come out of a black hole and enter another universe. So when one day you find yourself in a black hole, don't give up, the exit is there. "
Rumor 5: "Stephen Hawking says: aliens are no longer mortal and are not energy bodies!"
1. Stephen Hawking did not say that aliens have evolved into "energy bodies", this claim originated in 2010 and was wrongly reported by some domestic media. This is a misunderstanding or distortion of the original intention of Hawking himself and related scholars.
2, pure "energy body" and other science fiction plot is not in line with Hawking's views on life, Hawking's own article clearly pointed out that life "must have a mechanism that can draw energy from the outside world, and transform it into usable energy. This article is also the first time he proposed the concept of "a living body with consciousness carried by a computer". .
Rumor #6: "Stephen Hawking Says: Aliens Have Been Watching Earth".
Truth: Stephen Hawking never said that. In fact, Hawking gave a speech in London in July 2015, at the inauguration of the 10-year alien hunting program "Breaking Initiatives," in which he said, "Alien civilizations could exist " and if they exist, perhaps they can see the signals we send and understand their meaning. Of course, it is also possible that these signals are just wandering around in a lifeless universe where there are no other civilizations and no one can see them to tell the whole universe that there is life and civilization on Earth. In any case, looking for ourselves is the best way to find the answer. We are intelligent beings, and we must know the answers.